Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 17: Day 1, Little Did We Know

In order to put this picture in perspective for you, that snow drift was up to just below my chest. This is a small snow drift in comparison.

Let me just help you understand a little of what is going on here these days. We had a blizzard. Predicted 15-19 in. Reported up to 17" of actual snowfall. Record low temperature set at -6 degrees Fahrenheit in Tulsa, OK, just 40 miles south of Bartlesville. Mass chaos.

So, it is cheating a little bit to be writing about the snow on what is serving as the post for Monday but if it helps, I have a snow picture for Tuesday as well. It just sets up perfectly what I am writing about. So this weather I am describing to you may have you thinking, why is this even a big deal? I myself was asking the very same question. I went to Walmart to buy some food for the next day because I am a wimp when it comes to being cold and I knew I would not go out into the cold to walk down to campus for food and when I got there, I couldn't believe my eyes. People everywhere (not exaggerating). NO FOOD.

I went to get bread. NONE. Looked for milk. GONE. Turned around and looked at eggs. EMPTY. I love soup on cold days. BARE. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. Everyone was going insane! It is just one day of snow, people, what are you doing?! Little did I know.

Expect the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment