Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 18: Day 2, Please Reach Two Digits

Well, Tuesday morning, I woke up, stretched, and then I remembered.

Immediately I jumped out of bed, ran to the nearest window and what do you think I saw? A BLIZZARD. I was actually in a real snow blizzard. It was snowing hard and it was windier than you could imagine. I was worried.
This is post blizzard but let me just tell you, I had a half hour until I had to leave the comfort of the indoors to go to work in the library on campus. I was praying for it to stop snowing harder than I had ever prayed for anything in my entire life!

I started getting dressed, bundling up in everything I had brought over to the school from my house which wasn't much to hold up against the almost negative temperature. I slipped on some jeans, then sweats over those and then my boots. I put my shirt on, my sweatshirt, and wrapped my scarf around my neck and mouth and nose. Then I ventured out into what can only be described as the arctic. It was terrible. I had to close my eyes for fear of my eyeballs freezing in one position. I looked down so I could tell how deep the snow I was stepping in was. I hid my hands as best I could while holding my hood on so no skin was exposed. I felt like an eskimo who'd never been allowed to go outside but chose to venture out anyway.

Worst idea ever. Thankfully by the time I got off work, it had stopped snowing but I didn't know what to expect for the next couple days. Anything could happen. And by anything I really mean anything. All I knew is that I needed more clothes, warmer clothes, and I needed food because I was starving. (haha, okay, small tangent, sorry!) I went back to Colaw, ate, and vowed to stay inside for the next...well, as long as I had to in order to stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment