Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 16: Realizations

Today has been a day of realizing things about my life I was unsure that I really knew before. I have ten major realizations that I want to share with you.

1. I worry so much I make myself ill. Literally. I need to let the little things go so that when the big things come around I have enough energy to deal with them.

2. I am really great at picking friends so I am not sure why I feel like I have to keep secrets from them so much that it gets to the point that I can't talk to them about anything without spilling out my guts to them.

3. I allow situations in my life to get so out of hand that by the time I address it, there is no way it can be fixed.

4. When I think, I allow myself to reach the worst case scenario before I ever think about the best case scenario which, in some ways, makes me a pessimist.

5. I am incredibly impatient. I have no patience to just wait for something. I always have to be somewhere as fast as I want to get there, have something as soon as I want. Instant gratification. Not in all things. Just enough to make it something that annoys the crap out of me.

6. I am blunt. I tend to forget to filter not ever to my dismay but to a lot of other people's dismay and I have to apologize a lot because of that.

7. I am paranoid. I always feel like if one person acts a certain way, someone with similar personality characteristics are going to act the same way.

8. I trust very few people. What more can I say about that?

9. I act like I know a lot more than I really know and am not quick to back down when proven wrong. Some call this personality trait stubbornness.

10. I am lazy. I do what I have to but I don't do more than expected a lot of the time. It is like pulling teeth to try to get me to practice my pieces for voice or do an extra workout or finish my homework on time. I do it usually but I hate it.

Sometime this week I will follow up with a list of things that I am going to actively do to fix these flaws in my life and maybe I will even have stories of how I have been applying those ideas! This will be fun :)

Today's picture is of a really great experience I had at the beginning of this school year. It started off really well and that is how I want to end it. So right now, with all of you as my witnesses I am going to make the rest of this semester great.
"Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them." William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment