Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 19: Day 3, Going STIR CRAZY.

Here we are, I have made it to day 3 of the insanity and I am slipping into insanity myself. If I have to look at these walls any longer I might go insane for real. Fortunately, one of my best friends at school, Kaylee, is from South Dakota. It's only fortunate because it snows there all the time. It is not fortunate for anyone to be from there or live there. (I only said that to make her mad! haha)

So towards the end of this day, we ordered 4 large pizzas from Dominos (and an order of Cinnastix for good measure!), loaded up in the mom van, and drove to Josh's house for some new scenery. It was 8 degrees Fahrenheit outside, the roads were (mostly) cleared up, and we were ready for some human interaction that didn't include just us and Kaylee's fiance, Calvin, who'd walked over every day of this snow mess.

The thing I love most about them is that all of them are musical. They play an instrument or two, sing, and just know how to have a great jam session, which is EXACTLY what we did after watching my all time favorite movie, The Italian Job!
It is very apparent to me why these two are getting married. They are perfect for each other :) Anyway, that musical medley is just what the four of us needed to get us through the rest of the 2nd snow day. Oh, did I forget to mention that just before we ordered pizzas we received a text update from the school saying that they'd canceled school, yet again?

Now, I was down for 2 snow days where we almost couldn't leave the school but was 3 really necessary? Now, I know you all know me. I am not one to complain about NOT having school but the thing about NOT having school is that I would also like to go somewhere. I mean, come on people! I had just gotten over being on bed rest for 5 days, I went to school for 1 day and then got 3 more days off!? Well that is just unnecessary. The night, however, ended just like the 2 nights previous with Kaylee and I going back to her room, popping in a movie, and falling asleep before the end. There are some things I will always love about snow days.

Contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment