Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 15 part one: Sometimes Beauty Is Just Beauty

So today I decided to blog more than once. I am not going to post more than one picture, I just needed to get something out of my heart and onto "paper." I am so incredibly blessed.

I have amazing friends that make me feel beautiful and comfortable and accepted and important. They don't judge me, they share with me their wisdom and advice, they comfort me when I need, they just listen when that is what I need.

These are the kind of friendships that will last forever and the thought of that makes me full of joy. Not happiness. JOY.

Let me share with you the difference between the two. Joy is a state of being whereas happiness is a feeling, an emotion that is fleeting and not permanent. I don't know how to explain to you how my friends bless my life because it is in all the little ways.

A text saying hey I miss you, or let's get coffee please. Something as small as a smile and wave that lets you know that they are happy to see your car driving by them while they are walking back to their dorm after a long day of classes or work. A phone call from your car to someone else telling them that they can see you sitting in the window of a dorm room and wanted to call and just say hey. It is these moments that I bask in.

Even though there is a lot of growing up happening for all of us very soon, I will hold on to these moments to remember that these friendships are forever no matter how much time marriage, work, and life takes away from the future upkeep of our friendships. But no worries, when I am a rich doctor living in a mansion in sunny California, I will be flying all of my friends to my beach house (oh did I forget to mention that I have more than one house?) and we will spend every weekend basking in the sun, eating great food, enjoying great company, and drinking great coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment