Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 2: Winter is a Wonder


So here we are. Day 2 officially posted, and time for bed! This picture was taken today to represent the Winter Escape. As all of you know, I am a junior at a small school in Nowhere, Oklahoma. But today I went with all the freshmen and the other upper classmen who, like myself, are student leaders for these freshmen.

So, you might be thinking, what does this Winter Escape entail? Let me tell you just that. It starts out with dinner...at Cheesecake Factory. Then, an interim period of wasting time at the mall. This is followed by a movie and we conclude the night with, yes you guessed it, ice skating. Oh... Did I mention that this is all free?

When we had finished dinner, done our shopping, seen the movie (Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Tredder), we headed to the ice rink, unloaded from the busses, and entered the skating rink with one thing on our minds. BROOMBALL. BUT WAIT! What did we find? An adult rec league hockey game going on. So, like the patient, kind hearted human beings we are, we sat down, picked a team, and cheered like crazy for them. We, of course, chose the underdog, the team who didn't seem to have a chance. But guess what? THEY WON. This team that, with 14 minutes left, was one goal (is that what it's called in hockey?) behind, came back and won 3-2. It was inspirational.

It got me thinking. If this team was behind, and I don't know how long they'd been behind, but they kept fighting, why is it so hard for me? How come when things get rough for me, rather than continuing to fight, I run away? I take the easy way out. So, as I sat there, watching this team rejoice over their much deserved win, I thought, what can I do to continue to fight? Their perseverance and persistence made me want their autograph. :)

I don't deal with change well and there may be some big changes headed my way this week. But I will look at them with an attitude of how can I fight harder to come out on top. An attitude of how can I come back from the bottom and be recklessly successful. And for those of you who have seen Catch Me If You Can, I want to look at the changes in my life with an attitude of the little mouse who fought so hard, he churned the milk to butter and walked out. Bring it, change. You ain't got nothin' on me.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one. Great composition and mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Silky! I was really proud of it. :)

    ReplyDelete